Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Snapped by Laura Griffin


Snapped by Laura Griffin
Publication Date: August 30, 2011
Publisher: Pocket Star
Versions: paperback kindle
Received from: publisher

Summary (from back of book):
Sophie Barrett thinks she's lucky to be alive. 
She may be dead wrong.


On a sweltering summer afternoon, Sophie Barrett walks into a nightmare. A sniper has opened fire on a college campus. When the carnage is over, three people-plus the shooter-are dead and dozens more are injured. Sophie escapes virtually unscathed. Yet as details emerge from the investigation, she becomes convinced that this wasn't the random, senseless act it appeared to be. No one wants to believe her-not the cops, not her colleagues at the Dephi Center crime lab, and definitely not Jonah Macon, the homicide detective who's already saved her life once.


Jonah has all kinds of reasons for hoping Sophie is mistaken. Involving himself with a key witness could derail an already messy investigation, not to mention jeopardize his career. But Sophie is as determined and fearless as she is sexy. If he can't resist her, he can at least swear to protect her. Because if Sophie is right, she's made herself the target of a killer without conscience. And the real terror is only just the beginning...

This was my first Laura Griffin book, and it won't be my last. Sophie works as a secretary at the Dephi Center crime lab. But she wants a more meaningful and important job, so she visits a college to take a few classes. While in the parking lot, a person shoots from the top of a tall building, killing people. They think the shooter is a man who has done crime before, but Sophie knows the truth. And they choose not to believe it, especially Jonah-who she has hot chemistry with. Will they be able to stop the person from killing more people...or will Sophie have to take things into her own hands?

Lauren Griffin writes well, and her stories are full of action packed scenes. I really enjoyed reading about Sophie's story. And Jonah is hot! I couldn't help smiling whenever he entered a scene, and Sophie felt the same way about him. They have a lot of chemistry that continues to build until it explodes.

Will I reread it?
Yes, I really enjoyed this novel. I will also watch out for other Laura Griffin novels so I can continue with this author's great sense of style and voice. I recommend to fans of Stephanie Plum.

2 comments:

TheBookworm said...

Hi! I just wanted to say I LOVE your blog. It’s so pretty. It’s really helpful. I love the pages tabs and title of the blog! I just started blogging, actually, so please follow me or check out my blog! :)

http://yabetweenthelines.blogspot.com

yanmaneee said...

michael kors outlet
adidas zx flux
jordan 1 off white
curry shoes
nike epic react flyknit
jordan shoes
nike basketball shoes
yeezy
air max 270
nike off white