Monday, June 13, 2011

A New Favorite Author

I am an avid reader and I have certain authors that I hold high.  Rachel Hawthorne, Sarah Dessen, Elizabeth Scott, Courtney Summers, and Lisa McMann are among my favorites and whenever they release a new book, I am at Borders the next day. It takes a lot to make an author a favorite of mine, so I'm happy whenever I welcome a new writer to my to-be-read pile.

And I have added a new one recently. She is one of my top three favorite authors right now (at this time) and I can't get enough of her books. Her name is: Samantha Young and is the writer of the Lunarmorte series.

I love werewolves which is the basis of her trilogy and they are written so fantastically-I have reread them several times. I feel that Samantha Young is one of those special writers that come around only once in a while and she deserves to be praised.

Here is the first book of her Lunarmorte trilogy:

Lunarmorte by Samantha Young
Release Date: July 30, 2010
Versions: paperback, kindle

Summary (from goodreads):
Amidst the magical children of the ancient Greek gods lives a girl destined to bring their ancient war to an end. 


Caia Ribeiro has lived a life of isolation and mystery since the death of her parents and her separation from her lykan pack at the age of seven. Returning ten years later under the supervision of the packs young leader, Lucien, Caia finds herself seduced by pack life and her enigmatic guardian. But when strange happenings lead to near exposure of their world Caia begins to realize Lucien and the elders have been keeping unforgivable secrets, leaving Caia to come to terms with the truth of her dark and unique heritage.


Scarcely given time to adjust to her new reality the war she believed stormed only on distant shores crashes on her doorstep forcing Caia to put aside her conflict with Lucien in order to save them all from an old enemy and his relentless pursuit.


Please give this book a chance, I am positive you will love it and soon find Samantha Young's writing to wiggle it's way into your heart. Here is the book on Amazon.com

No comments: