Thursday, July 29, 2010

Indigo Blues by Danielle Joseph

Indigo Blues by Danielle Joseph
Publication Date: July 1, 2010
Versions: paperback, kindle

Summary (from goodreads):
Indigo:


I never asked to be famous-or infamous. Such is my fate for briefly dating (and dumping) Adam Spade. Yes, the Adam from the indie rock band who wrote "Indigo Blues"-the song that gave the band overnight success, propelled them to New York City, and stole my precious anonymity. Now I'm pawed by fans, stalked by reporters, and pegged as a vicious heartbreaker. And Adam is still calling me. Doesn't he have better things to do?


Adam:


With a hit single and a promising career, I should be on top of the world. People on the street are beginning to recognize me, which is cool. And scary. The band is counting on my to write another hit, but I can't stop thinking about Indigo. Why won't she answer the phone?

This book was overall fun and short. I really liked the length because it seemed perfect for the things that were going on in Indigo and Adam's lives. Indigo thought Adam was being too clingy, so she broke up with him. Adam had a hard time with it and ended up writing a song about Indigo-titled Indigo Blues. And because of this song, Indigo's life is wrecked. Everyone keeps teasing her about it and she hears the song wherever she goes. And Adam keeps calling her, when the last thing she wants to do is talk to him. But Adam still has feelings for Indigo and needs her to know. Will Indigo finally pick up the phone?

This book was very similar to Audrey Wait! by Robin Benway. Actually I felt like I was reading the book over. Indigo is one of those girls that are different and funny and doesn't care what people think. And Adam is kind of sensitive-which isn't the biggest turn on.

Will I reread it?
I think one time was enough. I didn't mean that I didn't enjoy reading this book, because I did. It was fun and I liked the character changes from each chapter. I recommend this book if you liked Audrey Wait!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hmm, I like the sound of this book and will be reading it soon. Great review :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

this one looks cute!! great review!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site smittenwithbooks.blogspot.com
Is this possible?