Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Ivy by Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur

The Ivy by Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur (ARC)
Publication Date: August 31, 2010
Versions: hardcover
Received from: book trade


Summary (from goodreads):
Freshman year at Harvard-glamorous parties, blossoming friendships, steamy romances, and scandalous secrets. Skip the campus tour and get right to the good stuff: classes are for scoping guys (and their Facebook profiles), not taking notes. The library is for study dates (the medieval history stacks get a lot of action), not studying. And success is a 4.0 GPA...plus California girl with brains, beauty, and big dreams-and her three roommates survive?


Get admitted to The Ivy, the first book in a provocative new series about the world of the Ivy League.


I'm in high school right now, so I have no idea what college life is like. And The Ivy is pretty much all about college. Callie goes to Harvard with a boyfriend back home, and a lot of excitement. That is, until she dumps all her undergarments in front of a really cute boy. What's worse is that he lives right across the hallway from her and her other roommates. Callie soon finds out what college is really like, including a lot of embarrassing moments, parties, and a few romances on the way.


I'm really not into reading about college in books, since I can't really relate to it. But I did really enjoy the plot of this book and maybe it is even getting me into the mood for college. Callie is a quirky and funny character who does some embarrassing stunts, including falling face first in the lunchroom.


Will I reread it?
I think so, I really liked this book. And the writing was very different than anything I have read recently-which was refreshing. I definitely recommend picking this book up. It is filled with great advice before each chapter which was also packed with a lot of humor. 

4 comments:

Erika said...

this one sounds like a really fun book about a girl's (mis)adventures in college. can't wait to read it! :)

Cindy said...

This sounds fun! Great review :)

Sara said...

Sounds like a fun book! College life is always fun to read about!

Anonymous said...

[color=#0071bb]Amazing page! I haven't found smittenwithbooks.blogspot.com before in my searches!I found very useful information about
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]cosmetics[/url] [color=#0071bb]here... Keep up the good work![/color]